Thursday, February 09, 2006

chicken mc knowledge #3


spike jonze one of my favorite directors
(beeing john malkovich, addaptation, where the wild things are (pre-production) + every single cool music and skateboard video you ever seen)
has made this short documentary called
Amarillo by morning about some kids (teens) in texas
who all want to be bullriders. you can find it on
his collected music video dvd. this is one of the
most inspiring films iv'e ever seen. these kids
get bullied for beeing the only cowboys in their
school all the other kids are hip hopers. so they spent
their time barrel bull riding (riding a fake bull made out of a barrel). check it out. dont forget to checkout what's up fatlip
on the same dvd it's a film about the the fallen rapper fatlip from the hip hop group the pharcyde, extremly funny and a bit sad at the same time.

this is the song that inspired the title of the film.
george strait wrote the lyrics but it's best perormed by
chris le deux who happens to be the kids in the films favorite country singer.

Amarillo by morning, up from san antone.
Everything that I’ve got is just what I’ve got on.
When that sun is high in that texas sky
I’ll be bucking it to county fair.
Amarillo by morning, amarillo I’ll be there.

They took my saddle in houston, broke my leg in santa fe.
Lost my wife and a girlfriend somewhere along the way.
Well I’ll be looking for eight when they pull that gate,
And I’m hoping that judge ain’t blind.
Amarillo by morning, amarillo’s on my mind.

Amarillo by morning, up from san antone.
Everything that I’ve got is just what I’ve got on.
I ain’t got a dime, but what I got is mine.
I ain’t rich, but lord I’m free.
Amarillo by morning, amarillo’s where I’ll be.
Amarillo by morning, amarillo’s where I’ll be.

4 Comments:

Blogger M said...

vad tror du om sofia coppolas marie antoinette?
M

5:41 AM  
Blogger Dilja said...

i want my link here...

see at kastrup calle!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Dilja said...

see YOU at kastrup

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeaaaa dawg!!!!! Dybt hedt att se dig skriva dessutom om en rulle vi såg ihop. Shit, var det sommaren -03 eller -04?

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home